As promised, CMajor is posting her brand new attempt to teach a piano song using color. Research also suggests timing yourself to see how many minutes it takes you to play a song by color. Playing by Color is fun!–Please see the color-legend and sequence for playing a simplified version of her Faint Memory melody below:
- BLACK = C
- BLUE = D
- RED = E
- BROWN = F*
- GREEN = G
- ORANGE = A
- YELLOW = B
- Red, Red, Blue, Black, Green
- Red, Red, Blue, Black, Yellow, Yellow, Black
- Red, Red, Blue, Black, (Octave Higher) Green
- Red, Red, Blue Black, Orange, Yellow, Yellow, Yellow, Black
- Black, Orange, Yellow, Yellow, Black, Black
Once you have your keyboard prepped with the colors above, the rest should be easy. Happy color prepping!
*Note: Brown (F) is not used for this melody.